Delivery Date： Apr. 24, 2017
Prediction analysis of earthquakes M4 or more to occur by May. 2, 2017
We will publish some parts.
Latest Earthquake Activity
- 2 “seismic intensity 4” earthquakes occurred in Northern Ibaraki, where continuous micro earthquakes were being observed for more than a month.
- Earthquake activity in Offshore Fukushima remains active.
- 2 “seismic intensity 3” earthquakes, effected by the frequent earthquake occurrences in Kumamoto, occurred in Tachibanawan, Nagasaki.
- Frequent occurrences of M4 or more earthquakes in the NE offshore of Okinawa Main Island.
Latest Crustal Movement
- Small scale crustal movements towards Hyuganada observed in Eastern Miyazaki.
- NW crustal movement in Kagoshima (crustal movement in opposite direction of Miyazaki).
- Small scale NW crustal movements in Hiroshima.
- Large crustal movements observed in Iwo Jima.
This week’s crustal movement: Tohoku■Large crustal movements seen prior to a major earthquake were not observed.
■M5: Offshore Fukushima (SI 3)
The possibility of a major earthquake to occur in the Tohoku Region is low since large crustal movements were not observed this week, and the number of earthquakes occurring in the Pacific side of the Tohoku Region are decreasing. However, because earthquakes continue to occur frequently in Offshore Fukushima, and because this can be presumed as the phenomenon observed prior to a major earthquake, where the fault surface is gradually being destroyed, if the crustal movement becomes strong rapidly, stay alert for a “M6 class”.
【Data analysis 】
Earthquake prediction research center（Representative director：Onoe Masataka , Analysis Center Director Shigeyoshi Yagishita）
MK building, 1-4-12 kaigan, Minato-ku Tokyo, ZIP 105-0022
TEL 03-6627-0528 FAX: 03-3436-3132